One of the best ways to use cannabis for medical purpose is to make cannabutter, which is easy to make and can be substituted in every recipe. Health Canada medical marijuana program has really helped in increased usage of cannabis for treating wide range of health ailments and making medicated foods with cannabutter or cannabis infused butter is considered highly safe and effective, and therefore it has been propagated by the experts.
Making Cannabis Butter
The process is simple and easy, yet a bit tricky. At first, make sure to use only salted butter, because of its high smoke point. Next, you should note to heat cannabis at low temperature for a long time, so that THC decarboxylate properly into psychoactive form from the acid form.
What ingredients and equipment are used for making cannabutter?
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 cup water, which can be increased if need arises
- 1 ounce of finely ground cannabis buds (if you are using fine quality cannabis trim, use 1 ½ ounce)
- Metal strainer
- Wooden ladle
- Container with a tight-fit lid
Method to cook and make Cannabutter
- At first, melt the butter in a medium saucepan, by adding water and butter. Keep the heat low. To prevent butter from scorching, you can routinely add small amounts of water in between.
- Keep stirring the melted butter, and finely add cannabis buds to the butter, but in small portions at a time.
- Now, keep the heat low, and let the mixture simmer for about 1 and ½ hour. In between, keep on checking and stirring it. One thing you must ensure is that the mixture should not boil fully.
- After the estimated time, check for small bubbles on the pan surface.
- Now, you need to strain the prepared butter into a container. For filtering out the ground buds from the butter, use a metal strainer. There will be some part of butter attached to the ground buds, which you can separate by pressing it with the spoon.
This way, you can make cannabutter easily and quickly, which you should store in the refrigerator, and use when needed.
For patients looking for effective treatment with Canadian medical marijuana, they could use this technique effectually, which is considered quick to make and safe and easy to consume.